Isuzu FA Vase
Last Saturday in the round of 64, and despite the poor weather three of our clubs took part.
- Hartpury University faced the previously unbeaten Clevedon Town, and despite gong behind to an early goal, won the game with two of their own. In the next round travel to another Wessex League Premier Division club in Falmouth Town.
- Highworth Town were two goals adrift after just twenty minutes at AFC St Austell. They got one back just before the interval and went ahead with a couple of second half goals. The home side levelled in added time, only for Highworth Town to win the penalty shoot-out 3-1. In the next round they travel to Holmesdale from the Southern Counties East League
- Royal Wootton Bassett Town were very unlucky at home to Bridgwater United. They went ahead early on, and the visitors then took the lead with goals either side of the break. Sustained pressure forced an equaliser in added time. The Western League side won the penalty shoot out by narrowly by the odd goal in eleven.
This Saturday Worcester City entertain Boston Town, of the United Counties League, Premier Division North, in the game postponed last weekend. The winners are at home to the winners of Highgate United and Lichfield City. These clubs are currently second and third in the Midland Football League.
Fixtures set for January 1st
I would like to draw clubs’ attention to matches that are scheduled to take place on January 1st.
For games on this date there is some flexibility in terms of kick-off time and date that week.
- If both participating clubs can agree a different day to play the game that week, please contact our Football Operations Manager Brian King (Tel 07868 845215 or email email@example.com).
- To maximise the opportunity for spectators to attend multi-matches on this day, clubs are encouraged to review kick-off times with other local UHL game hosts and opponents. Once agreed please contact Brian (details above).
In both cases, please ensure that all requests for re-arrangements are made to Brian on or before December 20th.
What happens at the end of this season?
(Relegation & Promotion and all that……..)
I have been asked to clarify the promotion and relegation position as it stands.
- Relegation from each Step 4 Division is one club to the Step 5 pool.
- Promotion from each Step 5 Division is two clubs (winner & play-off winner) to the Step 4 pool.
- Relegation from each Step 5 Division to the Step 6 pool, is one club. The bottom club.
- Promotion from each Step 6 Division is two clubs (winner & play-off winner) to the Step 5 pool.
- Relegation from each Step 6 Division is that the bottom three clubs (regardless of how many clubs in that Division) are liable for relegation to the relevant Feeder League.
- Feeder League Clubs, as selected by The FA, will fill spaces at Step 6.
Decisions on actual League allocations from the pools are made by The FA. The League is not involved.
Note that there are always anomalies across the country and variances to the above are possible.
Enjoy your football ths weekemd wherever you go.
Have a great weekend.
Bob Dalling, Secretary,
‘uhlsport’ Hellenic League