Uhlsport Hellenic League – Fixtures – Important notes about the End of our Season
This week we received official notification from The FA on the Promotion and the Play-Offs at both Step 5 & 6. Below I have simplified & summarized the detail, as there are many complications of Ground Grading, Ground availability, alternative (and under what circumstances) dates (at Step 5 only), how the finances are managed and dispersal methods etc…….
A full copy will be provided to the clubs taking part.
Division One. Step 6 – Promotion & Play-Offs
- After some discussion we can now complete the playing season on April 22nd. This is an additional Saturday to play those matches that cannot be fixtured any earlier.
- In the final League Table, The First placed club will be placed into the Promotion Pool and be allocated appropriately to a Step 5 Division for next season. Those finishing 2nd to 5th will go into the play-offs.
- The Semi-Finals will be 2nd v 5th & 3rd v 4th on the ground of the highest ‘end of league season position’ club in that game. These will be played on Tuesday April 25th with a 19:45 kick-off.
- The Final will remain on Friday evening April 28th KO 19:45 on the ground of the highest ‘end of league season position’ club in the game.
- If any of these games are tied after 90 minutes then a penalty shoot out will decide the winner.
- There are no individual medals for participants in the Final. A plaque will be presented to the winning team in the final (only).
- For Financial arrangements, the host club will operate a Net Gate system that pays 37.5% to each club, and 25% to the League.
Premier Division – Step 5 – Promotion & Play-Off
- The Division playing season ends on April 22nd as previously scheduled.
- The First placed club will go into the Promotion Pool and be allocated appropriately to a Step 4 Division for next season. The second placed club goes into a one match ‘winner takes all’ play-off against a Step 4 club. The latter is chosen from clubs finishing 3rd & 4th from bottom of Step 4 Divisions, on a ‘points per game’ basis across the country and then is allocated geographically. The FA expect to inform Step 5 clubs of their opposition on Sunday April 23rd.
- The ‘play-off’ game is scheduled to be played on Saturday April 29th kick-off 15:00, on the ground of the Step 4 club. Please use your Uhlsport logoed equipment on the day.
- If the game is tied after 90 minutes then a penalty shoot out will decide the winner who then plays at Step 4 next season..
- There are no medals and trophies for this game.
- For Financial arrangements, the host club will operate a Net Gate system that pays 37.5% to each club, and 12.5% to each League
Hopefully this sets the scene for the clubs involved, and any would-be spectators, to understand what is happening.